Wednesday, April 22, 2009

1 month old

Dear Abigail,

Wow one month has already gone by, but were did it go? It seems just like a week ago I was going weekly to my Dr. Appointments and then a day or so ago that I gave birth. But here you are – a growing baby in our arms.

I never could have imagined that a baby – you could melt my heart and turn me into the biggest crybaby. I sit and look at you and still cry, but I am not sad – I am joyous and completely overwhelmed by the way you look. You are so wrinkly but in a cute kind of way. You are already growing up so very fast.

I know as your mama that one day you will grow up and move away. I never understood my mom when she said that it was hard on her- now I do. I don’t even want to think about it, but it will happen.

I have daily conversations with you about things that are important to me. I think these conversations are building my own confidence so when you get a little older and will know what I am saying and you will be able to ask question. I enjoy this “conversation” time- even though I am the only one talking- it is a real bonding experience and time for me. “We” talk about our faith, how education is important, your moving away one day and starting your own family and of course about sex and abstinence and how important it is to remain pure.

Abigail, you are not a formula fed baby you are a breastfeed- it is wonderful and so important to me that you get the best food possible- consider this when you have your child. Not always easy or comfortable in the beginning but well worth it in the end- it is a learning time for both mother and child. It is one of the many things I enjoy about our relationship.
With much love and prayer,
Love Mama.

No comments: