Wednesday, April 22, 2009

3 months old

Dear Abigail,

Three months old. Wow!!!! So much behind you and your life still ahead of you; how time FLIES~~~~

You are doing so much more this month. You are moving around lots more. I have got to keep a closer eye or two on you. You have learned to roll from one side to the other. You still scoot a lot by digging your toes into the surface of whatever you are laying on and propel yourself forward. I bet you just keep thinking that if your hands and arms could get the hang of what your feet are doing you would be all over the place. Patience my dear, it won’t be long. Don’t grow up too fast.

I have packed all of your newborn clothes away and also your 0-3 month clothing. And pulled out all the 3 month and 3-6 month clothing; I cried as I did this because the little clothes just reminded me of how fast you are growing up.

Abigail, we still have our daily conversations - first thing in the morning. I look forward to this time. You are beginning to look more directly at me and look into my eyes and focus on me when I am talking to you.

Your life is a clean slate, Abigail and your parents are writing daily upon it. I am sure there will be times we fail and stumble as parents, but please know that we are doing the best that we can. I don’t want to fail and it pains me to think that we will, but try and understand – we have never been parents before. We are learning what works and what doesn’t.

Your father loves you and is so very happy you are in our lives. Abigail, be sure to respect him and love him. I want you to know that he has your best interests at heart – we both do. You may not always agree with your parents on everything is Okay- but still honor us.
We love you and want what is best for you.

No comments: