Wednesday, April 22, 2009

10 months old

Dear Abigail,

You are ten months old and I can’t help but wonder how you got so big so fast.

Your nine month appointment with the Dr. went well and you seemed to have even amazed him with some of the things you can do. You are 26.4 inches in length and you are 18.2 lbs. I am guessing you will weigh around 20-21 lbs by your birthday.

All of your crying was put to good use. You now have two top teeth, as well. You now have a nice set of chompers. You like for us to hold your hands so that you can see the world from an upright position. I think you will be walking by the time you are 11 months old.

This month you learned to say “mama” and “gie” for doggie; although you seem to use that word for other things too. You need to learn to say “papa” we don’t want him feeling left out.

Grandma, Nanna, and Aunt Johnna are helping your mama prepare for you first birthday party. It will be a strawberry shortcake theme. Just two months away; I can’t believe it baby girl.

Your aunt Bee will be getting married the week before your party. Things are kind of crazy in a good way with all that is going on. You will now have another uncle … Uncle Tim.

We love you baby and we only want what is best for you; sometimes I am wondering what my parenting skills are? I am wondering if I am too hard on you or not hard enough. I do love you though with all my heart.

You are the light and joy of our lives.

No comments: