Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Your Birth May 21st

Dear Abigail,

The day before you were born your mama walked 4 miles and drank 4 oz. of Castor oil. I am not sure that it did any good. But I was ready to meet you more than you will ever know.

At 3:04 AM on May 21st, I thought my water broke… (My mistake)- I only peed myself- how embarrassing. But I waited to 5 AM to call the Dr. – I already had the car ready to go. You see your parents were waiting for you –waiting to give you all this love we had bottled up for you over the last 9 months. Dr. Rivera tells us to be at the Hospital at 7AM and not to get there at break neck speed. We had plenty of time to spare; the hospital was only 20 minutes away. I was tired of being at home so we left and went to Wal-mart and got a few things. I walked around the store to get in some more walking and to kill time. We get to the hospital and they check your mama again. I about cried when I found out that you were still too high and had not dropped and that I was still only dilated to 1cm after walking for 4 miles. What more could I do I was tired of waiting and it was your due date? I did get some good news when they said the contractions were 2-5 minutes apart and that they would go ahead and admit me… You were going to be born. I was happy, happier than you’ll ever know. Well… for the rest of the story

The rest of the story went like this. I was in labor for the next 14 hours and 8 minutes. My contractions were all over the chart. They gave me lots of pitocin to try and induce labor- you were still so high. At 4:15 that afternoon I received an epidural… This helped me get through the pain-all WORTH it for the next 4 hours and 10 minutes (before I started pushing) your mama started pushing at 8:25 and you were born at 9:08 –the first three pushes brought you into the birth canal.

Your mama held you and cried; you were the most beautiful baby girl on earth. Why did I deserve you? God was and still is gracious.
WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: