Wednesday, April 22, 2009

6 months old (half way to being 1)

Dear Abigail,

Your half way to being a year old; Happy 6 months to you!!!! I can’t believe you are this old already.

What’s new?

Well, let’s see, just nine days after turning 5 months old you started crawling and you have stopped since. You seem to get faster and faster at it. I am always chasing you around the house. You are forever trying to get into things and put things in your mouth.
Then just at 5.5 months you started to hold on to something a little taller than you and pull yourself into a standing position. You’re still very shaky in the department, but I am pretty sure it won’t be long. You will stand for a short amount of time and then plop down on you bottom, and sometimes you will hit your little head. You cry and I or papa comfort you and then you are back to doing your thing.
I was going to wait till you reached exactly six months old before trying any solids on you. Well, I fudged and started you on it 4 days ago. You still use nursing as your primary source of food. However, in the evening you will get about 2 ounces of veggies, (so far green beans) and a little rice cereal. You seem to gobble that right on down. I am glad you like you veggies. We will try something new today.

Next week (Friday) you will go in for your six month check-up. I feel bad for you as this is the day after THANKSGIVING. Your Aunt Bea’s birthday is on Thanksgiving Day.

Abbi, your life is in front of you. Be all that you can be, and never let anyone tell you that you can’t. For it just isn’t true; all you have to do is say I want to be__________ or I want to do___________ and then you just set you mind, heart and soul to do it and you will and nothing will stand in your way.
Happy ½ a year old, you are so precious!

No comments: