Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life as we now know it

Life as we know it is about to change. Our little girl is going to make her appearance sooner or later… hopefully sooner. I can only think that all the struggles and tribulations that we have been through as a couple have been for a reason. Why? I am sure that I will never know, but then again God doesn’t say to us He will give us the answers. That is where our trust and faith come in and we have to know that He will give us the strength to get through each day.

Sleepless nights and long filled days are just around the corner. I hope that I remember that no matter how tired, sleepy, grumpy or even agitated I get that she doesn’t have a schedule in place that I will remember to treasure each moment as though it could be my last. I think I have lived my life in such a way that I don’t have any regrets and I want no regrets when it comes to Abigail. I know that I will not be the perfect mother; there will be times that I fail her and myself. I hope that I can learn to forgive myself and that she will forgive me too when I do fail.

Brian and I can’t wait for her arrival. WOW life is going to change~~~ Bring the change on.

4 comments:

Mamaof3 said...

Life will definitely change, but I know that you guys will be fine! Abigail has parents who love and are devoted to her and that's the best gift you can give her. The change will be here before you know it!!!

~Hannah~ said...

Yes, and I can't wait to have her here. I would beg for her arrival to be sooner if I only knew that she wouldn't spend any additional time in the hospital.

Paige Kite said...

Do you plan to breastfeed? Check out the podcast on this site, #32. It's called Mommy's Milk & More. EXCELLENT advice IMO for a new mom. http://www.pregtastic.com/mmm_podcasts.php

She says toward the end for you to be CONFIDENT that you ARE the perfect mom for YOUR baby. You know YOUR baby best! I don't like the word "perfect," but in this context I think it was used very well. {hugs} You will be a great mom!!

~Hannah~ said...

Paige, yes I plan of BFing... I will read the article. Thanks by the way for thinking I will be a good mom. I think so... hoping so.